You have reached the Members Area. Please CLICK HERE to sign in to view this page and other member specific pages.
See why you should JOIN THE BMAS – and take advantage of the fantastic benefits available:
- BMAS POINTS resource. This on line resource is FREE FOR MEMBERS, and is a series of video demonstrations of examination and needling techniques presented together with diagrams and explanatory notes.
- WEBCASTS from Spring and Autumn meetings. View the presentations of the Spring and Autumn meetings as webcasts. These are FREE if you attended the meeting, otherwise a small additional charge is payable.
CPD hours are available on submission of reflective learning linked to most of the webcast presentations.
- 6 copies per year of the journal Acupuncture in Medicine – now published by BMJ Group.
- Reduced rates for scientific meetings and study days including specialised courses in electroacupuncture, anatomy, women's health, palliative care, musculoskeletal day, dental.
- Access to Scientific conferences with international speakers in stunning locations both in the UK and abroad. Offering the opportunity to meet and talk to the people who write the acupuncture articles and do the acupuncture research.
- 2 newsletters a year - The Point (Perspectives Of Interest in Needle Therapy)
- Free access to the London Teaching Clinic to observe patients being treated
- Reduced rate insurance scheme available to members for non-conventional medical techniques. The scheme will cover acupuncture, along with hundreds of other natural therapies for which you may require cover. The annual premium (currently only £80) includes professional indemnity and public liability cover. For the purpose of insurance only, The British Medical Acupuncture Society is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Balens Limited, Bridge House, Portland Road, Malvern, Worcs WR14 2TA UK, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- 10% discount on purchases from Scarboroughs Ltd. (excludes Starter packs)
- Access to fora, which provide a wealth of knowledge and expertise from a multidisciplinary group of practitioners. They also serve as a reminder that there is always someone there to help with even the smallest query.
- Preferential access to the Medical Director's advice on political and academic matters via online fora.
- Recognition of Accredited members by a large number of health insurance companies (BUPA, PPP etc)
- Listing in the Society’s Register of Members giving you the opportunity to promote your name to patients and other BMAS members. Note that a minimum of 6 hours relevant contemporary CPD in the field of medical acupuncture is required annually.
- Access to the BMAS ‘Buddy’ scheme, which assists new members who need support and advice after their initial training.
- Constant email support and useful hints and tips from experienced peers.
- The opportunity to join your regional group, meet other local acupuncturists and share your experiences with like minded individuals.
- Materials to help with your acupuncture practise.
- The opportunity to study for the Diploma in Medical Acupuncture (DipMedAc) and become an accredited member.
- Opportunity to vote for Council members or be voted to serve on the Council.
- A professional code that concentrates on patient safety and best practise.
- Access to an honorary contract working at the BMAS Clinic, Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine.