11-13 April 2013 at the Institute for Education, London
"Long Term Conditions: developing global,
integrative and sustainable solutions"
The 8th annual International Congress of Complementary Medicine Research - ICCMR 2013 - will focus on the global sustainability of healthcare for long term conditions such as diabetes, chronic pain, cardiovascular disease, psychological problems, neurodegenerative conditions and arthritis. Long term conditions are the major cause of mortality among adults in almost all countries; between 35 and 58 million deaths annually worldwide are due to these illnesses and their complications.
- To debate, inform and create a global research strategy for long term conditions
- To examine the potential of these interventions for long term conditions, their limitations and how they might applied globally
- To develop focused agendas for specific disease groups, regions and therapies
- To showcase and present highest quality, cutting edge research
- To broaden The International Society for Complementary Medicine Research (ISCMR) base by involving colleagues from countries with rich resources who have hitherto had little involvement in international research development
Who should attend?
- Academic researchers into the efficacy and application of traditional, complementary and integrative therapies
- Practitioners of traditional, complementary and integrative therapies
- Mainstream medical researchers and practitioners
- Developers of healthcare policy
- A wide range of clinical academics including those from primary care, health service researchers and health economists
- Clinical students and trainees
About the ISCMR
This congress marks the 10th anniversary of the International Society for Complementary Medicine Research (ISCMR). ISCMR is an international professional, multidisciplinary, non-profit scientific organization devoted to fostering Complementary and Integrative Medicine research. It provides a platform for knowledge and information exchange to enhance international communication and collaboration. ICCMR 2013 is an ISCMR event (www.iscmr.org)
The 8th International Congress for Complementary Medicine Research has been approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for 15 category 1 (external) CPD credit(s)